Wide Format /
What is The Modern Printing Industry?
Think of the modern printing industry like a massive toolbox filled with a wide variety of tools that all serve their purpose at different times and help get the job done. Digital printing, promotional products, direct mail, and wide format printing are just some of the sectors that make up the modern printing industry as a whole, and these tools of the trade are highly effective in helping clients build their business.
As a Minuteman Press franchise owner, you have the unique ability to utilize these tools to meet the needs of any business in any industry. At Minuteman Press, We Are The Modern Printing Industry™ and we can provide virtually anything you can put a name, image or logo on! You will be offering consumable products and services that are in high demand and need to be reordered regularly.
Regardless of your client’s industry, they can’t afford not to market their business and promote their brand. Businesses rely on us and the already high demand for our products and services continues to grow, which is backed by the following industry-wide statistics:
The Printing Industry – Digital Printing
- The U.S. print market was estimated at $85 billion in 2017. (source: Idealliance State of the Industry Update)
- Digital printing was a $34.7 billion industry in 2016, up 3% from the prior year. Total color page volumes increased 15%. (source: Caslon Report 2017)
- We can meet the demands of all businesses thanks to our digital printing capabilities. Never before have we been able to produce such high quality, multi-colored products. With these advances in technology, the demand for digital printing continues to grow.
- Digital printing enables us to provide faster turnaround and greater efficiency while producing products at a lower cost. Demand for digital print is growing and we are perfectly positioned to meet the needs of small, medium and large businesses.
The Printing Industry – Promotional Products
- U.S. spending on promotional products was $22.9 billion in 2016, up 3.1 % from the prior year. (source: ASI)
- Promotional products are effective because they are useful and have staying power. We can offer over 50,000 different items such as pens, water bottles, mugs, key chains, bags, water bottles, USB memory sticks, and much more. They are great for creating brand awareness and can be used at all types of events such as golf outings, trade shows, fundraisers and more.
- As a Minuteman Press owner, you will have access to tens of thousands of promotional products that you can easily make available to your clients.
- Promotional items are powerful forms of advertising because they are useful products that have staying power with anyone who receives them. Brand awareness is more important than ever before, and promotional products enable any business’ brand to resonate with people because they reside in the homes, offices, and cars of consumers.
The Printing Industry – Direct Mail
- Direct Mail was a $46.8 billion industry in 2015, with advertising spending increasing 2.9%. (source: Winterberry Group via Direct Mail News)
- Direct Mail encompasses a wide variety of products and is one of the most cost effective ways to gain new customers and increase business with existing customers. We can tailor make a direct mail piece specifically designed for our clients’ customers.
- Direct Mail is a very effective way for any business to reach new and existing customers, and a properly run direct mail program with a strong call to action remains a powerful form of advertising. Thanks to our printing and marketing capabilities, every Minuteman Press franchise is able to fulfill the direct marketing needs of their clients, from helping a client create their mailing list based on specific demographics, geo targeting and customer habits to designing and producing cost-effective direct mail and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) campaigns.
The Printing Industry – Inkjet / Wide Format Printing
- The inkjet / wide format printing market was estimated at $24.3 billion in 2017. (source: Smithers Pira)
- The wide format printing market has been exhibiting an annual growth rate of 6.1%. (source: Smithers Pira)
- Wide format printers are used to produce signs and banners, posters, vehicle wraps, wall graphics, and any other large format materials such as enlarged photos, artwork and blueprints.
- Inkjet printing is used to print on various papers, plastics, or substrates. Inkjet technology helps make wide format printing faster and more versatile.
The Printing Industry – Branded Apparel
- Promotional apparel sales added up to over $7.3 billion in 2016, accounting for 34.3% of the promotional products industry. (source: PPAI)
- Promotional apparel goes a long way in spreading brand awareness and reinforcing brand identity for your clients. Franchisees provide businesses with any type of clothing they need from uniforms and everyday attire to custom shirts with their name, image, or logo. Minuteman Press owners have been very successful in capitalizing on the continued growth of the promotional apparel market.
- Promotional apparel includes a wide variety of wearable items such as T-shirts, golf shirts, polo shirts, uniforms, jackets, caps, headbands, neckwear, sunglasses, accessories, and much more.
The Printing Industry – Other Revenue Streams
- Brand Identity: We have the expertise to help a business establish their brand. We can ensure that our clients are using the proper logo, colors, style and design so that their brand will be identified properly by their customers.
- Creative Design: Brand name recognition is more important than ever before, and it all starts with creative design. We can convey a client’s ideas or image and express it to their target audience. Professional design work will make advertising and marketing campaigns more effective and increase our clients return on investment. Creative design services include logo design, graphic design, QR codes, infographics, and anything a business needs to look professional and enhance their brand identity.
- Marketing Consulting: Helping businesses develop a fully integrated marketing strategy that makes sense for them and utilizes our products and services is at the core of what we do.
- Shipping Services: Some of our franchise locations do offer shipping services for businesses. Because profit margins are much lower for shipping than our other products and services, owner participation is optional and tends to be low.
- Trade Show Supplies: From business cards and catalogs to booth displays and banners, businesses count on us to provide them with all of the printed marketing materials they need to run a successful trade show.
- Website Design: In today’s world, every business needs a well-designed website to communicate with its customer base. A large majority of print advertising incorporates cross media marketing that will drive web traffic, and we can make sure that print and digital (including desktop and mobile websites) work together to help our clients grow. Web design services include website creation, mobile websites, banners, landing pages, personalized URLs, and more!
- And More! We are constantly creating new avenues for owners to help businesses grow. Small businesses with less than $5 million have been advised to allocate 7 to 8% of their revenues to marketing, including both brand development and promotion of their business. (source: The Small Business Administration)
David Pike, Owns 6 centers in the Lehigh Valley, PA
In business since 1989 • Background: Second Generation, Family owned
“It’s a never ending expansion of products and services that we can bring to our customers. One thing I really love about the Minuteman organization is the way we have transformed the business from the early days of being quick print business to where we are today as a marketing service company. The continual layering of services and products is going to just allow us to continue to grow and expand with our current customers and attract new customers.”
Receive More Information About: Our industries.