The Minuteman Press design, marketing, and printing franchise in Cardiff, Wales has moved to its new location at Fulmar House, Beignon Close, Ocean Way, Cardiff CF24 5PB, United Kingdom. They have also added new equipment to benefit their customers such as the Vivid Matrix 370-P, which expands their foiling and laminating capabilities.
Louise Williams, manager, Minuteman Press Cardiff, says, “This machine has enabled us to laminate a high volume in-house which is far more efficient and saves costs which we then in turn can pass savings to our customers. What really sold the machine to us was that in conjunction with one of our Konica Minolta digital presses, we can then use the machine to foil which really is brilliant. We can add that extra bit of sparkle to a business card or invitation and our customers are loving it.” Check out a sample photo below:
Along with this exciting move and the equipment upgrades, the team at Minuteman Press in Cardiff has continued to support their local community through various charity events. Here is a rundown of all of the great work they have been doing:
- Heroine Day for Newlink Wales – raise awareness about preventing substance abuse.
- GO GREEN DAY – created a GO GREEN selfie frame and sold our award winning colouring book to raise money towards the environment and rainforests.
- Elf Day – Dressed up as Elves to help raise money as well as support and awareness for people with dementia in association with the Alzheimer’s Society.
- One Knit Wonder – One Knit Wonder, a charity knit for The Wallich for “knitting homelessness in the bud.” Louise test knitted a hat and made it onto the ball of fame with her dog Sprocket!
- @Igerscardiff Calendar Photography Competition
- Clash of the Corporates Challenge – see below for the full details!
Louise Williams says, “For COTC, we had a seed investment of £50 and had to use that to raise money. We raised £820 through:
- Welsh Legends bilingual Colouring book drawn by local artists
- Quiz night & raffle with prizes from sponsored local businesses
- Sponsored dog walk up Pen y Fan
We were very proud to win the most creative award for our colouring book!
For our Clash of the Corporates Challenge, we decided to create a colouring book. We had a Twitter poll to see which theme would be most popular – superhero or Welsh legends. Welsh legends was the clear winner. We asked local illustrators if they could do a drawing for us and we had 8 take part. We then designed a colouring book which we had translated so that it was bilingual. Each illustration had a story on the facing page so people can even learn about Welsh legends!
We asked our customers and local businesses to take part and see if they can help us sell them, including Sunflower and I, Octavos Book Shop and Zia Boutique in Cardiff Bay to name a few. The WCIA even bought 20 to send out as Christmas gifts to their contacts. Our colouring book has been very popular and we even have a selfie frame to match it which we have shared on every social media platform we can!
Being the smallest company taking part in the COTC was a challenge as we do not have the manpower for a lot of the fundraising activities such as a bake sale. However, as a team, we pulled together, designed the colouring book, planned a raffle, and organized our first work event – a super pub quiz. We have expanded on our relationships with local businesses by asking them to sell our colouring books for us as well as email marketing to our client base. Carol learnt new skills by managing the bookkeeping side.
The biggest challenge was climbing Pen y Fan as a sponsored dog walk and we had involvement from other people as well, this was an achievement for the team personally as well as none of us had done it.
We collectively brainstormed throughout the challenge trying to think of new ways to add to our total. I personally am very proud of our team of 5 for managing to raise so much as well as carrying out our day to day responsibilities with some of the team on leave throughout the challenge!”