September is in the air, and as that breeze picks up and we bid our fond farewells to summer of 2016, we also say hello to new beginnings. Families will be sending their children back to school while summer travelers will be settling back in after their vacations. For everyone, it’s time to get back to business, and this includes business owners.
As a business owner, back to school 2016 is the perfect time to reexamine and ramp up your marketing efforts, and to make sure you finish the year strong. With that in mind, here is some professional marketing advice from The Minuteman Press Franchise Review:
Business Tips 2016: 5 Fall Marketing Ideas for a Fresh Start
1. NOW is the perfect time for direct mail. With everyone back to school and back at home, now is the perfect time reach out to customers by developing and implementing a direct mail marketing campaign. For example, a local barbershop can offer a special back to school promotion on haircuts for the family, and this can be a promotion that they keep running throughout the school year. This is something that customers will appreciate, and because kids want to look their best when they go back to school, this kind of direct mail campaign would be well-received by recipients.
2. Take advantage of football season by finding your niche. The NFL is big business, as the league was estimated to be worth approximately $7.24 billion last season. Football has clearly become America’s most popular sport, and for small business owners, there are many ways to leverage that popularity into sales. If you own a local restaurant or bar, make sure to promote your Monday, Thursday, and Sunday football specials by having special seasonal menus printed, along with table tents. Having these on display throughout the fall can help spread awareness that you welcome football fans on game days, which is bound to bring in more customers.
Of course, if you are in a college town, then you can also include Saturday specials on college football game days, and if you are in an area where high school football is popular, you can offer Friday night pregame or postgame specials. Another idea for small business owners is to have professional flyers designed and printed so that if you are near local sporting events that generate big crowds during the school year, you can hand them out and market your business in that way as well.
3. Promotional outerwear is influential on customers and makes a difference. Promotional products are an important component to any marketing strategy because people like receiving free stuff that is useful. As the fall weather takes hold and the temperatures begin to drop in many parts of the country, people will start grabbing for their jackets and sweatshirts again. How good would it be, then, for your logo and branding to be displayed on your customers’ clothes wherever they travel?
Promotional outerwear is so popular with customers that according to the Advertising Specialty Institute, it is a Top 5 influential promotional product for people ages 18-55+. Not only that, but 50% of U.S. consumers own promotional outerwear or fleece, and 86% of customers who receive a promotional jacket think more positively of the advertiser as a result.
Your local Minuteman Press franchise can help you develop complete branding solutions including promotional products and custom apparel.
4. Have totes and treats ready for Halloween. Halloween is certainly prime chocolate and candy season. This is the perfect time to offer promotional tote bags to target customers, and then throw in some promotional treats and sweets as well. Giving reusable tote bags to families to use on Halloween and adding some custom branded chocolates, mints, or candy is the perfect way to show your appreciate for their business and positively reinforce your brand. They will thank you for helping them prepare for Halloween, and when the holidays come and they wish to indulge with holiday shopping, you will be in good standing and in the perfect position to help them.
5. Get a head start for the holidays with early bird coupons and catalogs. Last year, 30 million Americans already began their holiday shopping by mid-September. For many heads of household and family decision-makers, therefore, back to school also means getting a head start on buying gifts for their loved ones. Businesses can take advantage of this by marketing early bird holiday sales; they can produce special coupon books or custom designed and printed catalogs and distribute them various ways, including direct mail.
No matter how you decide to market your business this fall, your local Minuteman Press franchise is here to help. Whether you are looking to develop a timely direct mail campaign, produce fall coupon books or catalogs, gear up for football season, help customers handle Halloween or get a head start for the holidays, we can meet all of your design, printing, marketing, and promotional needs. To get started, find and contact your local Minuteman Press franchise at www.minutemanpress.com.
For small business tips, marketing advice, Minuteman Press franchise reviews, owner stories, and more, check out our blog, The Minuteman Press Franchise Review: www.shop.minutemanpress.com/franchise/blogs-news.
Minuteman Press International is a business service franchise that is rated #1 in category by Entrepreneur for 12 years in a row and 24 times overall, including 2016. Learn more about Minuteman Press design, marketing, and printing franchise opportunities at www.minutemanpressfranchise.com.