Make plans to network in Newnan
December 18, 2011 by James
The Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce holds twice-monthly Power Networking lunches for members and their guests. The next two lunches will take place on January 11 and 25 at Newk’s Express Café from 11:30 am-1 pm. Admission is $15 for Chamber members and $30 for non-members. Each month the lunches are held at a different area restaurant.
Each lunch features a door prize and the chance to network with your fellow business owners. There are not guest speakers or presentations at the Power Networking lunch, just the chance to get to know other Newnan-Coweta Chamber members and guests. Don’t forget to bring your business card. Printing extras is a good plan before attending any networking event.
Other networking tips are:
• Be genuine – just relax and be yourself
• Define your goals before you attend the event
• Mingle with those in attendance
• Ask open-ended questions, not those that only require one word answers
• Follow up with the people you meet at the networking event
• Be a resource person – be the type of person that people go to for solutions to their problems
• Know what you want to get out of networking and what you can offer to others
It’s also suggested that you develop an “airplane pitch” in which you describe your business and skill within 2 minutes.
If you manage to internalize all of those networking tips you should become a networking whiz, someone that other business owners will turn to for help. You will also become someone they refer clients to.