Find out how to use LinkedIn to grow your business
January 30, 2012 by Sarah
The North Central Chamber of Commerce are presenting the seminar “Using LinkedIn in 2012: Fresh Ideas 102 for Business Growth” on January 31 from 11:30 am-1 pm. Tickets are $15 and lunch will be served.
Michelle Girasole will be presenting this seminar which will teach you how to develop personal brands, how to connect with your business peers, and how to develop prospects and customers using LinkedIn. You will learn how to use various tools on Linked in such as search, groups, email alerts and how to connect to Facebook and Twitter from the website.
Many companies are still relying on local Johnston companies to supply flyer printing services for direct mail marketing campaigns. This is still a highly effective way of doing business but these days an online component is also necessary to take your business to the next level. Websites such as LinkedIn can help you do this. While not all of LinkedIn’s services are free, most are.
PC World has some suggestions of how to take full advantage of all that LinkedIn provides:
- Profile picture – a professionally done headshot is recommended
- A personal headline – this appears below you name and should give a detailed professional idea of what your job entails
- Mention websites – add links to all of your company websites for easy access, make sure the links are descriptive
- Create a vanity URL – you can have your company name in the URL
- Summary –Use as much of the 2000 summary as you can to describe your skills and your company; use terms people are likely to search for