Learn some marketing magic
February 17, 2012 by Mark
The Greater LeHigh Valley Chamber of Commerce is presenting ‘Marketing Magic’ at the Best Western LeHigh Valley Hotel and Conference Center on March 16 from 7-9 pm. Tickets are $20 for chamber members and $40 for non-members.
The seminar will be presented by Carol Ritter of Caroltalks.com. She will be discussing how to make the best of marketing your small business. She will cover the 4 must-do’s of marketing, share a simple marketing plan and give you “five explosive ideas for tripling your marketing efforts.”
One form that companies often underestimate in marketing is the postcard. Printing a postcard and mailing it out to potential customers in the area including Bethlehem can bring in a lot of business. However, there are some tips you should keep in mind provided by ELS Virtual Solutions:
• Keep your postcard design simple
• Avoid putting too much information on the postcard
• Only cover one idea per postcard s
• Give your postcard a strong headline
• Promote your website on the postcard
• Promote a special offer such as a money off deal or trial order
• Get mailing lists from organizations such as your local chamber of commerce
• Repeat your mailings once a month
• Follow up with a phone call asking if people received the card and reiterating what is on the card
While many have done away with direct mail marketing, it is still one of the most successful types of campaign; not everyone has a computer but everyone still gets mail delivery. Postcards and stamp prices are low compared to many other marketing costs. These days many people complain that they don’t get “real” mail any more. They will be happy to find your postcard in their mailbox beside their bills.