NEASC leases huge space in Burlington

June 29, 2012 by  

One of America’s oldest educational institutions is relocating their regional offices to Burlington.

The New England Association of Schools and Colleges, established in 1885, will soon take possession of 18,800 square feet of office space in the Three Burlington Woods business complex. It is moving to the space from its headquarters in Bedford.

The complex covers nearly 300,000 square feet of space, spread out over two separate buildings. With the addition of the NEASC, Burlington Woods is 97% occupied.

It is owned by The Davis Companies of nearby Boston, which purchased the complex two years ago. Approximately $3 million was spent on renovations, resulting in more new tenants including the NEASC. Ownership turnovers and building rehabilitation are timely opportunities for print companies to pitch stationery printing and other products to new tenants who are changing their address and look to settle in their new locations.

The Davis Companies’ senior vice president and director of leasing, Duncan A.C. Gilkey, said:

“Reaching nearly full occupancy at Burlington Woods Office Park is testimony to our success in both retaining existing tenants and attracting new ones since acquiring these outstanding properties. It also speaks to the strength of the recovery of the Burlington market, which has become one of the most attractive submarkets in the region.”

The NEASC oversees 2,000 schools in a six-state area of New England, from pre-kindergarten, elementary, and middle schools to secondary schools, colleges, and universities. The association has been responsible for tracking accreditation in the New England area for 127 years.