Pro football research center honoring Ralph Wilson Jr. to be dedicated

August 1, 2012 by  

The Ralph Wilson Jr. Pro Football Research and Preservation Center will be dedicated by the Pro Football Hall of Fame with a special ceremony on Friday, August 3.

The new facility, which is located in Canton, measures 10,000 square feet and will serve as the home to over 20 million printed documents and approximately 3 million photographs that are part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s historic collection. The center includes a researcher’s reading room, a rare books room and a video conferencing center that connects students from all over the country to the Hall of Fame. Schools will even be able to interact live with members of the Hall of Fame.

Special ceremonies such as the dedication of the new Pro Football Hall of Fame facility in Canton may call upon local printing companies for a variety of services, including banner printing to announce special events and honors. Poster printing and flyer printing are also commonly used to advertise special ceremonies and activities.

The research and preservation center is named after buffalo Bills founder and Hall of Fame member Ralph Wilson Jr., who donated 2.5 million dollars towards the construction of the facility. Wilson founded the Buffalo Bills in 1959 and propelled them into history in the American Football League that season. He remains the current owner and president of the team and is one of the founders of the American Football League. At 93 years of age, Wilson is the oldest owner of a team in the National Football League.

Comments