Marketing tips from The Maids
November 10, 2011 by James
The Maids is a residential cleaning firm with a good reputation in the field. The Maids currently has over 150 franchises in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1979 by Daniel J. Bishop, this Omaha based business is one of the most successful in the field. The company recently published an article on marketing tips, to be used by anyone who wants their business to be a success.
The article offers nine tips for successful marketing of a business or product; either a franchise or a stand-alone business. One of the most important tips is to start a direct mail marketing campaign. Local brochure printers can help you to design a product that you can mail out to local residents; this type of campaign has been proven again and again to be very successful. The other eight tips are:
1. Find out what has worked for others in the past. Most business owners will gladly share the steps they took to become successful.
2. Network with other business owners or franchisees. Every community has lots of networking opportunities for business.
3. Sponsor local sports teams or events. Putting your logo out there gets attention and results.
4. Word of mouth. Treat your customers well and they will pass it on.
5. Build a website. The first place many people look for information on a company is the Internet.
6. Social network on sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
7. Thank your customers for doing business with you. A discount on the next order would go a long way.
8. Send out a newsletter to those who sign up.
Following all these tips should ensure that the marketing of your company gets off on the right foot.