Learn what is new in technology at NMT 2012
February 5, 2012 by Mark
The 4th annual New Media and Technology Conference (FredNMT 2012) will take place at Mount Saint Mary’s University on February 23 from 8 am – 3 pm. It is a presentation of the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are $125 for chamber members, $110 for non-profit members, $225 for non-members, $110 for presenters and $145 for partnership organizations.
FredNMT2012 is “an educational conference on social media and other technology.” Technology is changing so quickly that often businesses feel left out and “behind the loop.” If they want to remain competitive, companies must be aware of the changes and of how best to use them; conferences such as this help to lessen the mystery and help businesses to adapt to changing times.
The conference will kick off with a networking breakfast from 8-9 am. Make sure you arrange for business card printing services in Frederick before you attend. Give everyone you meet your card and share your 60-second “elevator speech” with them. Following breakfast there will be seminars, hands-on workshops, a boxes lunch, more seminars and more workshops.
Some of the specific seminars and workshops are:
• Sticky situations: how to plan for difficult social media situations – Amanda Changuris
• New web design trends – Kevin Bruce
• Your virtual library brand: open for business 24/7 with resources for entrepreneurs and non-profits – Amy Swachamer, Terri Klco and Emily Dolly
• Becoming a social business – Beth Schillaci
• Milking the most of your content marketing strategy – Mayra Ruiz McPherson
Each of the seminars and workshops is rated according to skills; some are for beginners, some are for intermediate skills and some are advanced. Everyone is free to attend whichever ones they want to regardless of their skills.