Laurel and Hardy to bring mirth to silent theater
September 18, 2012 by Sarah
Playing alongside this is the 1933 film ‘Bedtime Worries’ and the 1936 film ‘Spooky Hooky’, both featuring the lovable members of Our Gang.
The program begins at 4:00 pm October 14, 2012. Snacks will be available for purchase in the lobby and admission is $5 for all ages.
Another Laurel and Hardy movie, ‘Habeas Corpus’, will be shown on Saturday, October 20, at 7:30 pm. Accompanying the short will be ‘The Cure’ – released in 1917 and starring Charlie Chaplin and Edna Purviance, ‘Convict 13’ – a 1920 Buster Keaton released, and ‘The Dome Doctor’ – an educational short released in 1925, featuring Larry Semon. Music for the silent films will be provided by pianist Bruce Loeb.
The silent film museum is a non-profit organization supported by donations. Formed in 2001, the museum is a resource center for historical items relating to the history of Niles and silent films.
The museum teaches and promotes silent film history in its 1913 nickelodeon era theatre and includes displays of old posters, cameras, photographs, and projectors.
The museum’s hours are noon – 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays and it is located at 37417 Niles Boulevard, Fremont. For more information call (510) 494-1411. Poster printing is still among the primary ways to let people know what films are showing and original posters of films from bygone eras are highly sought by collectors today.